Honey mustard dressing is my favourite on salad. It took less than 10 minutes to make and you can store it in a mason jar to add anytime to vegetables or meat. Dinner has been mostly on the road for us due to my kids activities and take out seems easy but I’m dedicated to travelling with my meals prepped ahead in my lunch bag and you can too. If you need Recipes, Food Tips, Workouts and Fitness tips, click here. This post is thanks to Courtney and Michelle who asked for it on Instagram 🙂
Honey Mustard Dressing
Making your own dressing is the easiest way to avoid preservatives and unwanted extra calories from bottled dressing. Try this Mason Jar Oil and Vinaigrette dressing here too! Both recipes are great to make ahead and avoid store bought dressing which is expensive and full of ingredients you should not ingest.
This made one serving because my salad was big. You could squeeze the honey mustard dressing recipe into two servings. Feel free to double or triple the recipe according to your needs.
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil *purchased at Costco
- 2 tablespoons of raw unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar *purchased at Costco
- 1 heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard
- A tiny drop of honey *I ran out today so I did a drop of pure maple syrup, omit and it will still taste great
- One garlic clove crushed, skin removed
- Salt and pepper to taste *I use pink himalayan sea salt
- Finally add all ingredients to a mason jar or bowl and mix well
“Me on a Park Bench eating my Salad”
I always bring my 800 ml Fit4Females Water Bottle with me
- First off, I don’t measure my vegetables because you can’t go wrong so load up with veggies you love
- Lots of green leaf, romaine or any lettuce of your choice chopped bite sized
- 5 stems of broccoli chopped up small
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 of a cucumber *if not organic, remove the skin
- 1 cup of black beans, unsalted
- Organic whenever possible
- Layer it all together and make it pretty so you can’t resist it
- Tidbit: I make salads and buddha bowls ahead of time so they are available
- Finally, tag and brag about your recipe on social using #Fit4Females
Trina’s Final Tidbits
- Start by prepping lunch or dinner for 3 days this week
- Meal planning takes work, here are some tips for you
- Download my Eating on the Go Guide here
- Get lean with these 3 Simple Steps
Implement any of these steps and they will start to become a habit helping you lose weight, get lean and start loving your body again. I would love to deliver tons of goodies to your inbox to help you so grab our free Fit4Females Fit Insider here.
Things you might love!
Join our Community Private Facebook Group here
Come and try a FREE class