Kale is all of the rave right now. Michelle and I crushed a leg day workout and then refuelled with an amazing Kale Salad which had healthy greens, micronutrients, fats, protein, healthy carbs, natural sugars and fibre. This is an easy make salad and was so filling. The first day, we had one giant bowl each and the next day we decided to be nice enough and split it into three and share with her husband… begrudgingly of course.
Kale Salad After Leg Day workout
What you Need:
Kale Salad Ingredients:
- 1 head of Kale – massage 5 minutes with warm water
- 8 dates
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup of toasted almonds *crushed or sliced
- Parmesan cheese for taste
Kale Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 of a squeezed lemon
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil *cold pressed
- 1 tsp of honey
- mix all in a mason jar and pour over salad
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Created and inspired by Epicurious.com – we modified it a bit
Benefits of Kale
- High in iron
- Amazing micronutrients
- Low calorie, low fat
- High in vitamins A, C & K
- Just makes you feel like a champ!
More Awesome Goodies
Meat Free Meals and Protein Alternative Recipes
Lots of Support for YOU!
I will always share my honesty with you and I hope it strikes a change in you. If you ever need extra support ….
- My Fit Insider has lots of tips that I don’t share anywhere else. Jump in here
- Big support community with things aren’t shared publicly, join my Free Facebook Group for Support
- Join our Women’s Only Fitness Programs
- Come and try a FREE class and see why we are the #1 Women’s Only Fitness Club in our area
- My favourite place is Instagram and Facebook where I share lots of tips, motivation, workouts and insight.
Leave A Comment