Should you be sore after a workout? If you are not sore does that mean it wasn’t a good workout? Does being sore mean it was effective? I was walking like a duck because I was so sore from this workout. I was curious so I asked our Members on Fit4Females TV if they associate a good workout with being sore and if they liked it. Soreness after a workout is called “DOMS” delayed onset of muscle soreness. We asked our members and it was surprising what they said. Check it out below.
Do you associate being sore with a good workout?
We did an Instagram and these are the results:
- 58% of our members like being sore after a workout *these are the fitness crazies 🙂
- 42% do not *this is TOTALLY ME
DOMS Tips | Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness
Being sore makes me not want to workout again, I can’t stand it. Here are a few tips for DOMS:
- Being sore does not mean you had a “good workout “and vice versa if you are not sore
- You might have pushed too hard, used muscles you haven’t worked in a while, maybe you didn’t rest, recover or refuel enough and workouts create tiny muscle tears in order to grow and improve the muscle
- You shouldn’t be sore all of the time
- Don’t get on a scale when you are sore after a workout because you will be retaining more water due to muscle inflammation
- Foam roll, stretch and take an epsom salt bath to reduce the pain and lactic acid build up
- Balance your workouts to ensure you are not over working certain body parts
- If your legs are sore, skip your leg workout and work other muscles. Don’t keep working sore muscles over and over again but keep moving
- Being sore after a workout does not mean you had a “good workout”, stay consistent
- Balance your workouts for all body parts
- Aim for strong, fit and healthy
- Get started, be consistent and track your workouts for success
- Pick a daily/monthly mantra to keep you on track
- Keep pen to paper tracking systems, this goes a long way for accountability
More FREEBIES Hot Stuff!
Here’s how you can find me…
- My Fit Insider has lots of tips that I don’t share anywhere else. Jump in here
- Big support community with things aren’t shared publicly, join my Free Facebook Group for Support
- Join our Women’s Only Fitness Programs
- Come and try a FREE class and see why we are the #1 Women’s Only Fitness Club in our area
- My favourite place is Instagram and Facebook where I share lots of tips, motivation, workouts and insight.
Thanks for reading! Tell me, do you like being sore?
Trina Medves xo