Should you be sore after a workout? If you are not sore does that mean it wasn’t a good workout? Does being sore mean it was effective? I was walking like a duck because I was so sore from this workout. I was curious so I asked our Members on Fit4Females TV if they associate a good workout with being sore and if they liked it. Soreness after a workout is called “DOMS” delayed onset of muscle soreness. We asked our members and it was surprising what they said. Check it out below.
Do you associate being sore with a good workout?
We did an Instagram and these are the results:
- 58% of our members like being sore after a workout *these are the fitness crazies 🙂
- 42% do not *this is TOTALLY ME
DOMS Tips | Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness
Being sore makes me not want to workout again, I can’t stand it. Here are a few tips for DOMS:
- Being sore does not mean you had a “good workout “and vice versa if you are not sore
- You might have pushed too hard, used muscles you haven’t worked in a while, maybe you didn’t rest, recover or refuel enough and workouts create tiny muscle tears in order to grow and improve the muscle
- You shouldn’t be sore all of the time
- Don’t get on a scale when you are sore after a workout because you will be retaining more water due to muscle inflammation
- Foam roll, stretch and take an epsom salt bath to reduce the pain and lactic acid build up
- Balance your workouts to ensure you are not over working certain body parts
- If your legs are sore, skip your leg workout and work other muscles. Don’t keep working sore muscles over and over again but keep moving
- Being sore after a workout does not mean you had a “good workout”, stay consistent
- Balance your workouts for all body parts
- Aim for strong, fit and healthy
- Get started, be consistent and track your workouts for success
- Pick a daily/monthly mantra to keep you on track
- Keep pen to paper tracking systems, this goes a long way for accountability
More FREEBIES Hot Stuff!
Here’s how you can find me…
- My Fit Insider has lots of tips that I don’t share anywhere else. Jump in here
- Big support community with things aren’t shared publicly, join my Free Facebook Group for Support
- Join our Women’s Only Fitness Programs
- Come and try a FREE class and see why we are the #1 Women’s Only Fitness Club in our area
- My favourite place is Instagram and Facebook where I share lots of tips, motivation, workouts and insight.
Thanks for reading! Tell me, do you like being sore?
Trina Medves xo
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Kale Salad and Leg Day workout
Download my FREE Butts and Guts Workout
Leave A Comment