Hearing Doctors tell you “we think you have a very rare brain cancer or an aggressive Lymphoma” is awful. This is my story to get you to take serious action before we end this decade. 2020 is coming fast and forget your New Year’s Resolutions. Start today with fitness, food and wellness.
I was Canada’s Top Fitness Instructor Specialist in 2016, the CEO of my Company, Mom of 3 and on top of the world. Then my world crashed. I eat healthy, workout regularly and do everything you are “supposed to do”. This “wasn’t supposed to happen to me” is what I thought and what everyone said to me. I share this to help move you into action and start making your health and managing your stress a consistent priority.
“Trina has a rare brain cancer or Lymphoma”
- For almost five months we lived with this scare. I never told a soul.
- Since October 2017, my medical team grew and grew and still, each doctor could not figure out what was wrong with me.
- November 2018 things got very serious when my disease started to aggressively progress and cause serious damage.
- It was devastating. My husband and three kids have been through so much sadness.
- Therapy has been an incredible tool for us.
- Many very painful lumbar punctures, CT scans, MRI’s were giving us more evidence towards the argument that it was looking like a rare brain cancer or an aggressive Lymphoma, read more here.
- Life was put into big perspective quickly. I started to prep for the worst.
- Physical and emotional exhaustion set in from the extensive medical appointments and tests.
What is at the Top of your Priority List?
I am now crushing my workouts, food and everything else that I can control.
Brain Surgery Biopsy
- On April 10 they cut into my head to go on a scary expedition in my brain.
- My Neurosurgeon said it was “huge luck” that he was able to obtain a piece of my brain tissue for which they would later diagnose. Read more of my story here.
Post Surgery “My New Normal”
Thankfully, I do not have the brain cancer or aggressive Lymphoma which they thought was growing inside of me. For this I am grateful.
“You must surrender and accept, even when you don’t want to”
The Damage is Irreversible
- Changing mindset, fitness routine, diet and sleep have been the biggest priorities.
- My consistent health and fitness regime is all due to the habits that I have worked on and made a priority for years.
- I want to share and teach you everything I know. Having gone through serious difficulty, I can pave the way for your fitness, food and wellness journey.
- Are you ready to reverse the damage that you cause from daily stress, not working out, eating foods that don’t serve you and not taking “you” time?
- There is nothing more important than processing your emotions in whatever situation you are currently in.
Beyond your Control
Forget about everything you can’t control. I’m still working on this daily. It sucks and as humans, we want to control everything but you can’t. Learn to process and feel what is beyond your control. Ask yourself what…
- am I learning from this?
- is this teaching me?
- is this doing for me?
- can I do to move forward?
Within Your Control
- What do you need to say no to?
- What do you need to say yes to in order to become a healthier and happier version of yourself?
- Make your health and fitness regime a habit by practising daily.
- My food, fitness and wellness went into overdrive June 2019 when I got clearance to add some light workouts.
- I started with my 10 Day Lean and Clean because you have to start somewhere.
Trina’s Top Priorities Tidbits
- Move your body.
- Get to bed.
- Manage your stress.
- Train your brain for better thoughts.
- Meditate – basically sit quiet with yourself every day. Silence. Think. Dream. Breathe.
- Eat as best as you can from the earth.
- Drink lots of water.
- Set an intention every day to move your body, get to bed , drink water, manage stress and time.
- Consistency and discipline will create results for you.
- Get a group of support and accountability buddies.
- Oh and make your bed, just because it makes you feel amazing and accomplished!
If it’s Important…
- BS! Stop telling yourself that and make time to get your priorities straight.
- What is most important in this season of your life right now?
- Where does health and fitness fall on that list?
- Are you spending time with people that lift your life in a positive way?
- Let go of the gossip, what if’s and should have’s and start taking action with me.
- Start simple by taking a walk, shutting down electronics, taking 10 minutes a day for you, eating more veggies and moving your body with me Online or In Studio.
xo Trina Medves
Our Fit4Females Community
We specialize in Women’s Only Fitness and Post Natal fitness. Join us below.
Try an In Studio Classes or Online Programs
Start now, sign up for a FREE class.
Our Fit4Females Fit Insider has lots of tips, recipes and workout.
Leave A Comment