My Cardio HIIT Workout will create a big after burn. This is fun and you can grab a play ball or pillow for the slams. Get your heart rate up, target legs, ABS and almost everything in a short HIIT workout. Want longer workouts or Live classes? Check out the schedule here. Don’t miss any of the free stuff. Click here for more workouts, healthy recipes and live pop up trainings and workouts.
Cardio HIIT Workout for Total Body
Always warm up first then move to the workout. Choose to do the Cardio HIIT workout in reps of 20 x 4 rounds or set a timer for 10 minutes and do as many rounds as possible (AMRAP). Download these Fit Traveller Workouts that you can do at home. Download the workouts and save to your computer or phone.
#1 Low or High Impact Runners or Hops
- Foot ball runs on the spot
- More progressed: Hands up, shoulders back and down
- Hips back, drive the booty down to a mini squat and core tight
- See video for full instructions
#2 AB Twists x 20
- If you have a rebounder or mini trampoline use it
- On the floor, ABS tight and twist from the midsection
- Regression: do single tap AB twists
#3 Skipping x 20
- Pretend like you have a rope, elbows tight to the body
- Rope: Do single or double unders if you have perfected them
#3 Ball Slams x 20
- All the rules of a squat apply, chest up, shoulders back and down
- Drive the hips toward the ground and stand up powerfully
- Use the glutes and stay tall
- Use a small play ball to start and perfect the movement before adding load
Trina’s Trainer Tips
- Consult your physician before you start any new exercise program
- Always warm up first for 5-10 minutes, dynamic stretches and foam roll if possible *goal is to increase the heart rate, warm up the body and muscles and reduce the risk of injury
- Preform each rep with good form, technique, full range of motion and work within your limits
- Take it at your own pace, start slow if you are new or getting back into fitness
- Listen to your body
- Never work through pain, progression is the goal
- Never sacrifice form for speed
- Cool Down: 5-10 min – Always stretch and foam roll, gentle tension no pain
- Schedule your workouts as an appointment in your calendar, read How to Do this here
- Rest days are important and stretching is a must
- Perform 8 rounds total or set a timer for 10 minutes and when the time runs out, you are done. Always warm up first.
- Use hashtag #Fit4Females to tag us on social media so we can find you.
The reason I dish out so much free content here is because I want you to better your life and health.
Meet us in Person
Drop me a comment below about what body parts you would like to work on and I will pump out a video for you.