Chicken Gumbo Soup is full of healthy nutrients and I made this when I was out of almost everything. Eat clean and healthy the majority of the time and you won’t have to worry about those times when you indulge. For those days that you just can’t get the chill out of your bones, warm up with Trina’s Chicken Gumbo Soup. Try it tonight and tell me what you think!
Warm up with Trina’s Chicken Gumbo Soup
What You Need:
- A pot of homemade Chicken Broth or Organic unsalted store bought
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbamare
- 1 tsp. of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- One can of garbanzo chickpeas unsalted or any beans
- One whole Broccoli bunch
- 3 Carrots chopped
- One handful of frozen Kale
- 1 cup of your favourite red sauce *I like White Linen – no added sugar
- Any cooked chicken *chop or shred
- I added cooked wild shrimp to make it a gumbo *omit if you don’t like seafood
Combine ingredients and let all of the flavours meld together on med-low heat. Time to enjoy when the carrots and broccoli is to your liking.
Love this Recipe?
Want more recipes and advice from me? Leave us a comment below and join our Fit News for lots of goodies!