- Weight gain
- Too much wine
- Wasting time
- Skipping workouts
- Feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and not motivated
- Staying up too late
- Wasting time on social and non productive things
- Lots of TV and screen time
1) Stop Wasting Time by Creating Time Blocks
In order to stop wasting time, make a list of EVERYTHING you do daily. Brain dump everything. If you are a parent, add a ton of extras that come with kids. List every task and to do in your life daily, weekly and monthly. Here are popular examples:
- Meal Prep (21 meals/week B/L/Dinner or 35 if you have B/L/D and two snacks)
- Grocery shopping *include travel time
- House Cleaning
- Making your bed daily
- Workouts *include travel time
- Relationship time with friends/significant other / family
- Appointments / event planning / scheduling
- Commute time
- You time *do you even schedule this?
- Time wasted on anything *track your time, identify your “Time Suckers here”
- Scrolling Social media *set a time limit
- Surfing through email *schedule a time and stick to it
- Caring for older/sick parents
- Sleep *time to bed, time awake
- Morning/evening routine
- Everything else you do
Have Kids? Add this stuff too!
Kids add way more to your life. Get them involved in as much as possible considering their age. Stop wasting time doing everything for everyone except yourself.
“Don’t do for your kids what they can do for themselves.” Nicola Jones my dear friend
- Chauffeur kids/family
- Kids lunch prep
- Kids meal prep
- Tons of extra laundry
- Extra housework *why are they so messy!
- Teacher duties: homework, school forms, important dates, reducing their anxiety/mood/stress
- Event planner: add calendar dates for school, activities, appointments, PD days, oh so much!
- Time for appointments
- Housekeeper duties that are so much extra
- Conflict resolution / Counsellor: You are responsible for all of the emotions your kids bring / arguing between siblings
- Bathroom and shower time *my kids still bother me in the the bathroom “Mom!”
Just looking at this list reminds me how many tasks we have! Let’s get out of overwhelm and break down what is most important for your sanity and emotional health.
I needed to stop wasting time so, years ago I tracked every minute of time I spent for 3 days. It was exhausting but so eye awakening. Everything that you say “yes to” you are saying “no to something else”. For most women, too many “yes’s” leads to no self care.
Track your time champ, you will be blown away at the crazy responsibilities you put on yourself.
2) Schedule Tasks in Your Calendar
“If it doesn’t get scheduled, it doesn’t get done”. Schedule all tasks above that apply to your life. It’s amazing when you see it in the calendar. Prioritize meal prep, fitness/movement and relationship/family time.
- Pick apart your calendar for the day/week/month
- Add all priority appointments and non-negotiables
- Add priorities and make sure Fitness, Food and Sleep are on that list daily!
3) Stick to it!
Do not put our priority to do’s aside. I used to move things to my calendar and then ignore the task and it wouldn’t get done. Schedule everything as though it’s the most important ever.
- Give each task a time slot
- Include travel if applicable
- Change the time/date as things come up
- Practice makes perfect, it gets easier I promise
- Look at your days and weeks as a fresh start
4) Remove ALL Distractions
Noise cancelling headphones are a must. Phone on silent, shut down Wifi when possible, put on headphones and focus ONLY on one thing that needs to get done. Try quiet music, I like piano and no lyrics. These are the cheapest and best headphones that you will find me in daily.
5) Batch Plan in Advance
Do this as far out as possible. Schedule meals, workouts and to do’s for the week. Before Covid-19, I prepped all meals for the week on Sundays for my family of five. Meal prep day is busy but the rest of the week was easy because meals are ready. Experiment with what works for you.
6) Keep Taking Action and Embrace the Pay off
Keep the batching, planning and prepping going. Take action to get it done. This WILL change your Life. The days I don’t prep, I am stressed and overwhelmed.
My 10 Day Lean and Clean is a great kickstart to prioritize workouts, healthy food and little mini tasks to do every day a priority. It’s one things I always come back to. Check it out here.
What gets scheduled, gets done. You are in charge of your time, what you say yes to and what you say no to. Do NOT make the mistake of putting yourself last.
Thanks for making it to the end! Trina Medves xo
Our Fit4Females Community
We specialize in Women’s Only Fitness and Post Natal fitness. Join us below.
Try Live Classes or Online Programs
Start now, sign up for a FREE class.
Lots of great things on my Pinterest Board here
Our Fit4Females Fit Insider has lots of tips, recipes and workout. Stay tuned here
Leave A Comment