Kobe was a father of four and the accident was devastating. Legend. Father. Husband and huge inspiration to the world. You can’t help but feel deep sadness because of this tragedy. The “Kobe Bryant” tragedy stirs up trauma and triggers for many of us. This hard lesson puts life into perspective. My goal is to bring some sunshine and remind you of your “why” and top priorities. Weeks ago I wrote to my Fit4Females Fit Insider Community talking about your why, non negotiables and better boundaries. This tragedy is a reminder to put my advice into over drive. My family and I are huge basketball fans, we named our cat Kobe.
Kobe Bryant What Tragedy can Teach Us
“Get our of your Own Way”
- Comparing to others.
Tragedy can help Prioritize your Life
- Moving your body.
- Your passion and what lights you up.
- Breathe in and out.
- Process your pain, anger, loss and tragedy triggers.
- Know that the road ahead is open for you to travel in a new direction.
Photo credit Kobe Bryant
Learn from Tragedy
- Thoughts of suicide
- Hopelessness and much more
Behind the scenes I’ve cried and hugged my kids and husband, these are my take away reminders for you. I shared an honest video for the Bell Let’s Talk Day about death and tragedy. I hope this inspires you to survive and move forward.
Fitness saved me! Move your body anyway possible.
Make yourself and your passions a top priority daily – spend a minimum of 10 minutes a day doing something that gives you pure joy.
Life it too short to not love what you are doing so choose wisely.
Balance family and work as best as possible and modify when you feel it’s out of balance.
Life is a precious gift and you must tell the people you love daily how important they are to you.
Shut down and spend time with the ones you love.
Make a difference today so that if it were your last day, you filled your heart and the heart of others.
Train and focus on your passion or craft and and balance it with the most important people in your life.
Kobe Bryant Inspiration and Non Negotiables
- As a legend, he tried to manage his time between his craft of basketball and the priority of family.
- Isn’t that what we are all hoping for?
- His why and non negotiables were weight training early morning, spending time with his family in the morning, basketball training and back to greet the kids home from school.
- Being a part of the lives of his 4 children was a priority.
- It’s time for you to review your non negotiables. Read how to do this here.
- Today is a great way to honour your life and get it done with a “why and your non negotiables”.
Photo credit Vanessa Bryant posted on Instagram
There is a fund set up to donate to the families that perished. Click here for details.
Life is short. Fitness is a mood lifter. Process your pain and get super clear on the best way that you can live your life. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Get very clear on your why and non negotiables. Reachk out and let me know if any of this spoke to you and share some of your non-negotiables with me. Social bars below to get in touch with me.
I’m dishing out tons of amazing Tidbits, coaching and my journey in my FIT Insider.
Thanks for reading xo
Our Fit4Females Community
We specialize in Women’s Only Fitness and Post Natal fitness. Join us below.
Start now, sign up for a FREE class.
Our Fit4Females Fit Insider has lots of tips, recipes and workout.