Dieting sucks for your body and completely messes up your hormones and metabolism which are all about fat burning.  Dieting doesn’t make anyone feel happy emotions, instead we feel deprived and unhappy. What if you completely forget about dieting? I lost lots of weight, inches and body fat WITHOUT dieting. Stay tuned here. Instead, listen to how you feel when you eat certain foods. Get rid of the unhealthy relationship that you attach to food and start thinking of Food as Fuel.

Dieting Sucks for your Body, do this instead

Replace Dieting with these Recipes

Imagine your food as an anti-aging pill and the best mix of ingredients that you can gather from the earth to put into your body. When making choices, ask yourself if the food is good for your skin, cells and your moods.
Is it going to help or hinder? 80% of the time the answer should be “yes it’s good for me”. The other 20% can be in the “other category” and don’t stress. I did something crazy!  Removed alcohol for 9 months so far, read more here. It doesn’t have to be that crazy though, start with these amazing recipes:


  1. Smoothie Bowl with Granola
  2. Eggs with Homemade Guacamole
  3. Avocado Toast with Tomato slices
  4. Western sandwich on gluten free toast
  5. Chocolate Energy Smoothie
  6. Veggie Club Sandwich on gluten free bread
  7. Repeat one meal above


  1. Kale Salad with Dates
  2. Loaded Salad with nitrate free Tuscan Turkey, hummus, Mary’s crackers topped with this Salad Dressing Recipe 
  3. Roasted veggie Soup and side salad
  4. I rotated these lunches all through the week


  1. Healthy Chicken Taco Soup
  2. Lean Lettuce Taco Wraps
  3. Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Meatballs
  4. Left over Taco meat on a large salad
  5. Sprouted Sesame Tofu over salad
  6. Sweet Potato Nachos
  7. Lemon Chicken with roasted veggies and salad


  1. Lemon Detox Water *all day long
  2. Chocolate Protein Muffins
  3. Salted Almond Protein Bars *make ahead and freeze

Trainer Tip:

It’s good for your metabolism to give into temptations every now and again. It confuses your system and makes it work more efficiently. So say hi to “cheat meals” if that’s what you call them.
  • Greens, nuts, seeds and lean proteins daily should make up the majority of your grocery cart, fridge and cupboards.
  • You are not a DOG! Don’t think of your food as a reward or the “I deserve it” mentality.
  • The moment you let go of the “I can’t eat that” or “this is a bad food” conversation, you will be happy. Replace your thoughts with “Food is Fuel” and energy for your body. Repeat daily.
My best advice is track in a food journal. Dieting will help you lose weight but it will also likely screw up your hormones and metabolism. Agree or disagree with me in the comments below

In Conclusion

Diets will work but they will also completely mess with your hormones and metabolism.  Food is amazing and sociable.  You want something that you can completely stick to.

Our Fit4Females Fit Insider has lots of tips, recipes and workout.  Stay tuned here


Thanks for reading xo

Trina Medves

Our Fit4Females Community

We specialize in Women’s Only Fitness and Post Natal fitness.  Join us below.

Try an In Studio Classes or Online Programs

Start now, sign up for a FREE class.

Share This
Share on Pinterest