Kick Sugar Challenge Tidbits at a Glance:
- Everyone asked for a look inside my fridge, check out the video tour here
- This is exactly why we struggle with weight loss and workouts, video here
- Sugar Challenge: join the Fit4Females Facebook group here.
Kick Sugar to the Curb
It’s Halloween time right now but sugar is a year round problem. I would have to do 72 Burpees to burn off my favourite Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. No thanks! I will eat these instead Peanut Butter Cups Healthy. Refuse to give in to those awful sugar loaded treats which ends with a crash and sugar coma. I want you to pick how many days you can eliminate sugar for. Start with one if it’s a real struggle and the other days you eat it, reduce it. It’s hard to quit completely. If it’s Halloween or holiday time for you, I’m challenging you to RESIST those awful Halloween candies and holiday treats.
If you want support, join the Fit4Females Facebook group here.
“I was living off of 5-6 coffees with 3 tsp of sugar in each just to keep up with the busy life of being a mom and a wife. 6 weeks later I’m down to 2 cups a day (16 tsp of sugar to 4!) I feel like a brand new person” – Jennifer Freire, Mom of 3′
Sugar Container on the Counter
4 grams of sugar = 1 tsp
Scoop and measure it in a clear cup for all that you DO or DO NOT consume
It all comes down to making a decision about what you want to spend your calories on. People feel badly about themselves when other people make healthy choices because it forces them to think about their own choices. Having a small piece of dessert is fine however, seconds and then more is not “moderation”. The sugar, salt and fat adds up fast. So do the mood swings that come with sugar. Here are quick tips to beat calories and reduce sugar.
Trina’s Kick Sugar Tidbits
- Have a homemade juice to fuel up with healthy calories and never go hungry
- Drink 1 glass of water when you crave sugar *try my Lemon Detox Water or add fruits, cucumbers, etc to flavour it
- Get away from the snacks (I physically moved the bowl of M&M’s, Pringles and popcorn because I knew I would eat it)
- Fill up on fibre whenever possible, you can never eat enough veggies
- Don’t be afraid to tell people that you just don’t want it. It’s ok to stand out because chances are your choice will make someone else think twice
- Splurge on sugar “something” but not everything *make it something you really want
- Don’t eat until your pants are too small, pay attention
Not Losing Weight? This is why
I hear you if you are totally struggling to lose weight and body fat. Many of my clients suffer and I did to. Until I started honestly doing this one thing. In this video, I explain the biggest issue for weight loss and workouts. Stress plays a huge role, try to reduce yours one issue at a time. You can lose weight and body fat but it requires this, read more here.
Not Losing Weight? Click the photo to watch
Organize your Fridge for Healthy Eating
Due to the demand for a look inside my fridge, check out this video here. I share lots of recipes ideas and my best fridge staples too. I have lots of recipes on Pinterest here if you are a visual person. The saying goes “you can’t outwork a bad diet”. Eat well to support your workouts so they don’t suffer. Decide to bring healthy foods into your home and set time aside to meal prep. Remember to download this and save it for later.
Implement something from the Tidbits I have given you because it’s like free coaching and I’m dishing out to help you rock it. Leave me a comment below with you BIGGEST sugar challenge? Mine is peanut butter cups hands down. I will eat them if they are there.
xo Trina Medves
- Last week I asked you to focus on moving your body and making these muffins. Click here if you missed the Tidbits.
- Grab the Heathy Fridge Clean Out Guide with Recipes
- Click here to join my FIT Insider I will email you tips weekly
- Fitness: Shoulder, ABS and Booty workout video here
- Food Fuel: Post workout Chocolate Muffin Recipe here.
We specialize in Women’s Only Fitness and Post Natal fitness. Join us below.