Healthy Taco Soup in 5 minutes! So, I bought myself a pressure cooker with all the rave of the instant pot. I was suspicious but my cooking time has been significantly reduced with this new gadget. As a family of five, I do a lot of cooking. I have a 5 minute Healthy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe below that is so good, healthy and ridiculously easy to make. If you want to save time and money, this is your solution.
Healthy Taco Soup with Chicken | Instant Pot and Pressure Cookers
As busy Moms, Michelle and I are on a quest to simplify life meal planning and cooking time. Moms are being pulled in a million directions and our list of to do’s never ends. I was SUPER suspicious about all the rave with the instant pot. I’m not one for FAD anything EVER. Michelle was raving about one recipe she made so off to Costco I went for the pressure cooker, sorry instant pot, no hard feelings (I am super IMPATIENT and didn’t want to wait for shipping.
Live Video How to make the Healthy Chicken Taco Soup
- Two 946 ml containers of chicken broth (unsalted and organic) or homemade if you have it
- 2 cans of any beans of your choice *I use black beans
- 1-3 tbsp of Taco seasoning *more if you like a little kick to your meals
- One 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes *I blend mine in the Vitamix because my kids don’t love chunks
- If you do not have canned tomatoes: 2 cups of pasta sauce (I ran out of crushed tomatoes and thought what the heck)
- Two raw chicken breasts or thighs
- Reserve 2 cups of frozen corn for after *I didn’t want it mushy in the pot – make sure it’s organic and non GMO
- I’ve done this with already cooked left over chicken that I add at the end when it’s finished
How to Cook it:
- This would be great on the stove top if you don’t have a pressure cooker or instant pot
- Michelle turned on the pot, it has to pressurize for approximately 10 minutes
- After the pressure builds, the recipe cooked for 5 minutes
- I was convinced I would have food poisoning but I cannot believe it was cooked, it was amazing and it was so ridiculously easy
- Follow the pressure cookers instructions in your manual
- Add frozen corn after the soup is cook so it’s not mushy
- My kids walked in the door and said “It smells so good in here”
- Suggested toppers: Avocado slices, green onions and grated cheese
- Now celebrate more free time
Check out the Finished Taco Soup Product
Join our F4F Community!
- Join my private Facebook Group here
- Come and try a FREE class
- If you love social, follow me on Instagram here and Facebook
I would love a comment below. Share a recipe, I read them all.
Leave A Comment