We prep healthy snacks together. Join us for live cooking in Trina’s Tasty Treats, sign up here. These Pumpkin Energy Bites are healthy and cheaper than store bought.I add my favourite clean Protein Powder for an extra dose of protein, fibre and vegetables. It’s family friendly and the best I’ve tasted in 24+ years (even kids can have it). Get notified about recipes and my new Fit4Females Recipe Book coming soon here.
Pumpkin Energy Bites
Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, nut free option
Ingredients: approximately 16-20
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup any nut butter or alternative
- 1½ cup rolled oats *avoid steel cut, gluten free if possible
- 1/4 cup or less honey or maple syrup
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder *this is the chemical free, no additive powder I love
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg *start with less, it’s a strong taste
- Option: use pumpkin spice to replace all spices above
How to Make:
- Add ingredients in order above to a bowl
- Mix batter well with a wooden spoon, spatula or hands
- Use a tablespoon or small cookie scooper to form a small ball about one inch each *bite size pieces
- Place in a glass container, tray or cutting board with parchment paper and put in the fridge or freezer for about 30-60 minutes to allow to them harden *they can be eaten right away
These are quite sticky on your hands, so if you have gloves you can use them. Freeze for a grab and go anytime snack. For a treat, add mini chocolate chips. Some benefits of pumpkin include beta carotene, vitamin C and E, folate, low in calorie and high in nutrients. Freeze the remaining pumpkin in ½ cup servings for later.
These are quite sticky on your hands but so good and such healthy treats. Freeze for a grab and go anytime snack. For a treat, add mini chocolate chips. Some benefits of pumpkin include beta carotene, vitamin C and E, folate, low in calorie and high in nutrients. This recipe is part of our 10 Day Shred Program.
Lots More for You
Find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and use hashtag #Fit4Females when you post your photos related to all of our goodies.
Trina Medves xo
Need fitness classes and more workouts?
We specialize in Women’s Only Fitness and Post Natal fitness. Join us below.