Our Fit4Females 10 Year Anniversary Boot Camp Party was a huge success. I can’t wait to share videos, photos and how much money we raised for the Hamilton Interval House. I hired a holistic cook to make only the best ingredients and the Salted Almond Protein Bars were a big hit. The ingredients I bought were all organic. Click here to get more recipes, and workouts.
Post Workout Salted Almond Protein Bars
Real Roots created and served green juice, smoothie bowls and Salted Almond Protein Bars. We wanted to share the recipe with you .
Salted Almond Protein Bars
Protein bars are so convenient and taste SO good but 95% of brands load them with crap. The brands that don’t, end up costing you a fortune when they run for $6 a bar! Completely worth it when the quality is good and you are in a rush but making your own is the best option. These were a hit at our Fit4Females 10 Year Karma Boot Camp Anniversary Party #fit4females created by Real Root.
Ingredients Salted Almond Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup organic roasted unsalted almond butter (make sure there is NO other ingredients except almonds!)
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of rolled oats put into a blender and whizzed up into a fine oat flour
- 1/2 cup of VEGAN protein powder. I’ve tested 3 brands and they all work great! My faves are Sun Warrior Tribe vanilla, My Iron Vegan vanilla and Genuine Health vanilla fermented vegan protein
- 1/2 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of pink salt (Don’t skip! This makes these so good. Also, salt is SO important especially post workout!)
Lower Sugar Version
This is the one I make but everyone’s taste preferences are different so try what works for YOU!****
Sub 1/4 cup of the maple syrup for 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil.
You get less sugar and more healthy fats
Mix all these ingredients together and knead very well. The dough should be well stuck together and not dry.
Line a glass pan with parchment and press into pan until flat.
Freeze for about an hour and cut into 8-12 squares/bars. Store in fridge for a couple weeks or store in freezer for months
Get on the List to find out about our F4F Fitness 4 Free
Click here to get more recipes, and workouts.
Leave A Comment