What should I eat pre and post workout? Amazing questions from our Community. I launched “Tackle it Tuesdays” free Coaching and my 14 Day free challenge to help with Fitness, Food, Mindset, Health and more. I am answering your questions, so please click here to tell me how I can help you.
Pre and Post Workout Freebie
Click here and I will send you my favourite dairy free smoothie recipes including my After Eight Milkshake, Fat Blasting Smoothie, Berry Green Bliss and Skinny Chocolate Milk plus my favourite detox cleanser.
What Should I eat Pre and Post Workout?
26 minutes of Coaching and hear from Members too. Grab a pen and paper and let’s dive in.
Prefer to Listen with Ear Buds?
I dished out extra time and Coaching on Zoom. Have a listen and join us on Zoom, contact us here and we will send you the private link.
Break your “Fast” in the Morning
After fasting all night, your energy stores are depleted and you are dehydrated.
- Drink water, you are dehydrated
- You fasted all night, your body and brain needs food as fuel
- If you are having a workout, choose foods that are easy, quick and light to digest like smoothies
- No AM workout? Eat a big breakfast!
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of fruit is my goal for smoothies or on the side of something else
Suggestions for Breakfast and Pre Workout
- After Eight Milkshake enter your email and download 5 recipes
- Smoothies, try my Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie *enter email and download to your inbox
- Smoothie bowls
- Oat Jars, click here for the recipe
- A good quality piece of bread with home made jam and nut butter
- Chia Jars recipe here
- Protein Pancakes
- I love nut butter on toast, smoothies (choose a half serving before a workout)
- Dates with nut butter
Things to Avoid Pre Workout
Foods that are too hard to digest, you need fuel and easy foods to break down. If all of your energy is spent digesting food, your workout will suffer. Avoid these when possible pre workout:
- Dairy, meat and nuts can be hard to digest
- Too low carb meals
- Processed bars *try this instead, Salted Almond Protein Bars
- Not eating at all
- Spicy foods *they don’t always sit well
- Too much sugar (you will crash during your workout)
- Sports drinks *choose coconut water instead or home made gatorade
Post Workout: Rehydrate, Refuel and Repair
Your goal is to balance protein, carbs and fats. Post workout is for the three R’s. The goal is to:
Your body needs water during and after a workout. Drink up! I love my Skinny Chocolate Milk after a workout, download it here. Everything in your body requires water.
The harder the workout, the more carbs you need. Choose foods that are easy to digest, loaded salads, veggies, sweet potatoes, loaded soups, etc. Any of my pre-workouts suggestions apply post workout as well. This is the time to rebuild the “good” damage you just did during your workout with food and nutrients.
Pasta junkies? Eat your pasta right after your workout rather than late in the day.
Sweet Potato Toast recipe, Breakfast Egg and Avocado Toast recipe, all of the recipes I suggested “pre workout” in a bigger quantity. Eat good food as fuel.
Add plant based and animal protein. You want to repair the muscles. Protein is the building blocks and we need to get enough. Doing shakes, read this. I LOVE these Chocolate Protein Muffins pre and post workout. They are light and easy to digest.
Trina’s Take Action Challenge
Pre and post workout, grab a notebook and write down:
- What you are eating pre or post workout?
- Record how you feel after you eat.
- What is the biggest weakness in your food plan right now?
Once you start to eat based on what your body needs, you will no longer feel hungry, inflamed, bloated or exhausted. You will feel alive, lean, strong, full and energized.
Join us for the Next Live Coaching Session
Get the notification of when I’m coming to you live here.
Tell Trina in 2 minutes 🙂
Trina’s Take Aways
- Click here for my favourite pre and post workout smoothies.
- Join my free challenge.
- Live Coaching every Tuesday here.
- Online classes get results! First class is FREE: Click here to try.
- Join us weekly with tons of free Tidbits, Recipes and workouts in my FIT Insider here.
Thanks for reading xo
Leave A Comment