Peanut Butter Cups are my favourite sweet treat. Skip the store bought version to avoid the nasty ingredients of the “Reese” version listed below. Chemicals and additives affect your waist line and should be avoided, especially if you are feeding little ones like me. These Healthy Peanut Butter Cups are easy to make, they freeze well and are so delicious! Thanks @realroots_.
We served these Peanut Butter Cups after our 11 Year Anniversary Boot Camp class and wanted to share the recipe. When a craving hits, choose this version over the “name brands.” You know “Reese” right? Click here to get more recipes, and workouts.
Grab the Freebies
Each week in my F4F FIT Insider, I dish out Fitness and Health Tips, Recipes, Videos, Workouts and Wellness & Inspiration Tidbits. Get it right to your inbox here.
Peanut Butter Cups Confession
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are one of my favourite treats going back to my childhood. If I bring them in my house at halloween it’s will power game over. You might find a lot of empty wrappers in my hoodie around halloween time. In case you are reading this around Halloween, check out my 5 Tips to Stay Halloween Fit.
3/4 cup of natural organic peanut butter (should only have 1 ingredient – ORGANIC PEANUTS!)
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt (only add an extra pinch if your pb is salted)
1 bag of 70% or higher dairy free dark chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
disposable or silicone muffin molds
How to Make:
- In a large bowl mix together the peanut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, salt and coconut flour. Roll peanut butter mixture into little balls and squish a little bit to flatten into thick round discs.
- Melt the the bag of chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Line up your muffins cups on a flat tray that will fit in your fridge. Add desired amount of chocolate to the bottom of each cup (1-2 tbsp) then place peanut butter disc on top. Pour over chocolate until covered and repeat until everything is used up.
- Place in fridge until set.
Created by Ashley @realroots_
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Ingredients:
Here is the ingredients listed on the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, nonfat milk, milk fat, lactose,soy lecithin, pgpr, emulsifier), peanuts, sugar, dextrose, salt, tbhq (preservative),citric acid (to maintain freshness).
Which would you prefer to eat?
Peanut Butter Cup Workout
Check out my5 Tips to Stay Halloween Fit
Fitness, Nutrition and Wellness Tips
Get exclusive tips that I don’t share anywhere else. Here’s how you can get some extra support ….
- My Fit Insider has lots of tips that I don’t share anywhere else. Jump in here
- Big support community with things that aren’t shared publicly, join my Free Facebook Group for Support
- Join our Women’s Only Fitness Programs
- Come and try a FREE class and see why we are the #1 Women’s Only Fitness Club in our area
- My favourite place is Instagram and Facebook where I share lots of tips, motivation, workouts and insight.