I am not a big fan of gravy but this mushroom gravy was incredible. This recipe is a perfect topper to mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash, chicken and fries. Really anything you can put gravy on. The mushroom gravy is gluten and dairy free which makes it even healthier. Prep and eat meals at home because they are usually cheaper and much healthier. As a Mom of three I appreciate both and I’m sure you will too.
Mushroom Gravy Gluten Free and Healthy
You can use any mushrooms you have. I used organic button mushrooms a package of 227 grams. Anything on hand is fine. We know that mushrooms can improve your immune system and they are low calorie so eat away.
This was very quick to make. Be sure to start out on a lower temperature to not burn the oil or mushrooms. I use Organic and Gluten Free Tamari Sauce.
- Entire package of mushrooms 227 grams or about 12 mushrooms medium side
- 1-2 tablespoons of Avocado Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil*purchased at Costco
- 2 shallots or one onion chopped
- 2-4 cloves of crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of Gluten Free flour *use any flour if you are not sensitive to gluten
- 1 cup of any broth *vegetable, chicken or beef
- 2 tbsp of low sodium Tamari *to your liking
- Click here to see how I do all of my Healthy Meal Prep and Recipes too
How to make Mushroom Gravy
- In a skillet, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper to taste *sautée approximately 3 minutes
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté another 6 minutes until soft and water from mushrooms has cooked off
- Stir the flour until the mushrooms are coated
- Next, add the broth and tamari slowly *stir quickly so it doesn’t clump
- Bring to a small simmer, stirring often to ensure it doesn’t burn *approximately 5 min
- When the mushroom gravy has thickened to your liking, remove and add to the top of anything
- Serve and enjoy!
Eating healthy tastes so good and becomes easy when you are prepared. Get your hands of tons of free tips and recipes to your inbox in our Fit4Females Fit Insider here. I promised not to annoy you with emails 🙂
Trina’s Final Tidbits
- Download my Eating on the Go Guide here
- Meal planning takes work, here are some tips for you
- Get lean with these 3 Simple Steps
Come and try a FREE class