These lemon muffins were created and inspired by Nourishing Your Glow after I had a medical procedure that involved die. I had to completely flush my system and lemons is my go to. I started with my lemon detox water including shaving all the lemon rind. I made three recipes and modified them a little bit and decided to share the one my kids love the most which I found on Pinterest. I share lots of recipes in my Fit4FemalesFIT Insider if you want to get on the list you can do that here. Lemons are a staple in my daily water intake. If you are not sure if are drinking enough water, read this.
Lemon Muffins | My Healthy Detox
Some Benefits of Lemon
- Helps make your body alkaline *which is healthy to stay clear of free radicals, cancer and so much more
- They help flush toxins naturally
- Heart healthy in vitamin C
- They taste amazing!
- The main fiber in lemons is pectin, a form of soluble fiber that is linked to all sorts of health benefits
- They taste great in hot or cold water
- They help spruce up boring water. Are you Drinking Enough Water – Read more here
Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, paleo and gluten free
Recipe created by Nourishing your Glow *I noted where I modified the recipe
? Photo credit Fit4Females
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds *I swapped with 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup honey *I swapped with less honey
- Juice of 1 medium lemon *I added way more
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest *I added way more
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325 f/160c
In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, baking soda, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl combine the lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, almond, eggs. Make sure your maple syrup and eggs are at room temperature. You can place the eggs in a bowl of warm tap water for a few minutes to help warm them up quickly. This will ensure that your muffin batter will be runny, and will easily mix and pour into the muffin cups. (Otherwise the coconut oil may harden and won’t mix evenly into the batter.)
Combine the liquid mixture with the dry ingredients.
Pour the batter into muffins tins and bake at 325f/160c for 20 – 25 minutes.
- coconut flour must be used in this recipe, subs wont work
- coconut oil must be melted or the batter will be dry
Thanks @ Nourishing your Glow, these are amazing! Be sure to check them out.
In Case You Missed it
Are drinking enough water, read this