Soft serve ice cream is my favourite. I love Dairy Queen Blizzards and McDonald’s McFlurries but since going gluten and dairy free, I can’t eat them so this is one of my alternatives. This recipe was created by Ashley at Real Roots and me and my kids love it. Warning, it’s decadent and you won’t want to eat too much. Grab free Recipes, Food Tips, Workout Tips and more here.
Ice Cream Peanut Butter Dairy Free
The easiest, creamiest dairy free ice cream that has five ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make. This decadent treat is also refined sugar free. You will need a high powered blender to make the ice cream and a little patience, but its worth it.
- 2 cans of FULL fat coconut milk
- 8 large pitted Medjool dates *I buy mine at Costco
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Top with Cacao Nibs
How to Make:
- First, add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend for 1 minute
- Second, pour into a freezer safe container and place in the freezer
- Every 30-60 minutes give it a good stir/mix
- Repeat this process a few times
- You can eat it after 3-4 hours as “soft serve” or completely freeze over night and thaw for just a few minutes before scooping like “real ice cream”
- Finally, tag and brag about your ice cream photos on social using #Fit4Females
Trina’s Tidbits: Benefits of Dates
- Dates are a great sugar substitute
- Dates are loaded with iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, manganese and they are easily digested
- Rather than Blizzards and McFlurry’s, use regular ice cream and make a homemade blizzard by chopping these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites inside
- Make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites ahead, freeze and pull them out when you are ready to eat ice cream. Easier on the waist line and no food chemical additives *that’s how I replace my peanut butter blizzard Dairy Queen addiction
- Try these Banana Muffins with a scoop of this Peanut Butter Ice Cream on top too
Recipe & photo credit Ashley of Real Roots
After all, dates are a great part of a healthy diet and have so many vitamins and minerals. Especially iron which many of us need (especially Moms who had babies). Unlike the added chemicals in toppings, you can enjoy a treat with all the vitamins and minerals too.
Goodies 4 you
Download these 5 Dairy Free Smoothie recipes
Get on our free Fit4Females Fit Insider here where we deliver lots of Fitness, Food and Tidbits for you.
Food to Make Next
Join our Community Private Facebook Group here
Come and try a FREE class
10 Day Lean and Clean Kickstart
Leave A Comment