The average weight gain over the holidays is 10-12 lbs. With all of the socials, parties and dinners, it’s time to regain control. Do you feel like you are knee deep in the Holidays over eating, over drinking and consuming way too much sugar and food that is making you feel awful and changing your mood? Not to mention it is making your clothes tighter?
Who is brave enough to join me for ONLY 14 days? Come on, 14 days is all you need to do! The challenge is free. Time to get Lean and Clean in 2014.
HOW TO JOIN
Step 1 – Click here to Like the Facebook fan page (you cannot join unless you are a fan)
Step 2 – Click here and join the 14 Day Holiday Detox and Fitness Challenge – Say hello and introduce yourself
Step 3 – Post a comment, photo, recipe or tip daily. We all need to support each other. Let us know what you had for lunch, what you are struggling with, send us your favourite healthy recipe, etc. Send us a photo of you!
Step 4 – Work at it. It’s not going to be easy, people are going to think you are crazy but you can do it! Every other day you will perform the 14 day Fit4Females Lean and Clean Power Workout. Don’t worry, it’s short. Post your time on the Facebook page after you do the Challenge.
Fit4Females Lean and Clean Power Workout
50 Low Jumping Jacks (all lower body)
10 Side Plank (hip raises, up and down each side)
20 Air Squats
20 Low Skaters (10 each leg)
60 Second Plank Hold (longer if you are stronger)
3 Burpees or 10 mountain runners
Perform each exercise 3 times. Warm up, cool down and stretch every day. Do this every other day for 14 days. Post your comments on the blog when you do it. Time yourself!
RULES AND DETAILS
Start: January 2, 2014
End: January 16, 2014
Foods to avoid during the Holiday Detox
• Red meat and any meat products like sausages and red meat burgers
• Cow’s Milk, cow’s cheese, cream (switch to Almond/Hemp/Rice/Coconut milk or Goat’s Cheese) – yogurt is fine.
• Butter and margarine
• Any food that contains wheat that is not 100% Whole grain/wheat
• Crisps and snacks including salted nuts
• Chocolate, sweets, jam and sugar including all Holiday treats
• Processed foods, ready meals, ready-made sauces and unhealthy takeout
• Coffee and tea
• Fizzy drinks including diet versions (perrier or San Pellegrino is acceptable)
(make a serious effort, it doesn’t have to be perfect)
Foods to include:
Fruit – your plan can include any fruit including fresh, frozen, dried or canned in natural fruit juice. This includes apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, mango, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, nectarines, peaches, melons, star fruit, etc.
• Vegetables – eat any vegetables including fresh, frozen or canned in water (without salt added). This includes carrots, kale, broccoli, zucchini, avocado, onions, turnip, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, peppers, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions etc
• Beans and lentils – eat any beans, including those that have been dried or canned in water. This includes red kidney, haricot, cannellini, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils
• Oats – sprinkle oats over fresh fruit or use to make porridge, sweetened with cinnamon and fresh fruit
• Potatoes – all types
• Brown rice and rice noodles
• Rye crackers, rice cakes and oatcakes
• Lean white meats
• Fresh fish – eat any fresh fish including cod, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawns, etc.
• Unsalted nuts or seeds: eat any including Brazilian, peanuts, almonds, cashew, hazelnuts, macadamia, pecans, pine nuts, pistachio, walnuts, sunflower and pumpkin, etc.
• Live natural yogurt
• Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
• Garlic, ginger and fresh herbs
• Ground black pepper
• Water – at least 2 litres a day. Tap or mineral water is fine.
• Herbal or fruit teas
Detox Plan Snacks
• Fresh fruit or fresh fruit salad / Vegetables with hummus
• Natural yogurt mixed with honey – Home made smoothies
•Handful of unsalted nuts or seeds – Check out some of our Easy Recipes here
Don’t make an excuse and say “it’s too hard, it’s not the right time, I will wait until later and to do this”. Do it now, “If it doesn’t Challenge you, it doesn’t Change you!”
Now go and be a Rockstar and join our FREE event on Facebook now. Share this link now and leave a comment below!