Happy Cinco de Mayo. I grabbed my amigo Margarita Michelle and me Tequila Trina to bring you a fun 5 Fitness Moves to get your hot tamale working. Mexican nachos, burritos, tacos and 5 Cinco De Mayo Fitness Moves. It’s all body weight so let’s get warmed up and leave me a comment below if you found this fun and inspiring.
Cinco De Mayo -Trina 5 Fitness Moves to get your hot tamale working Video
- Always WARM UP first and foam roll if possible *Goal is to increase heart rate, warm up the body and muscles and reduce the risk of injury
- Always listen to your body, complete full range of motion
- Never work through pain, progression is the goal
- Don’t sacrifice form for speed
- Cool Down: 5-10 min – Always stretch and foam roll, gentle tension no pain
- Schedule your workouts as an appointment in your calendar
- Rest days are important and stretching is a MUST
Cinco De Mayo Workout:
- For demo purposes we did a shorter version
- Try 30 seconds of work, 10 seconds transition to the next exercise
- X 5 rounds or whatever feels manageable for you
- Always start basic and progress accordingly
Move #1: Sangria Skipping
Get a rope and jump! Progression double unders. Option to mimic skipping by having your hands to your side and skip.
Move #2: Piñata Smashes
Knee drivers. Bring arms over head and imagine you are smashing a Piñata stick over your knees. 15 seconds per side. Using your ABs and total body.
Move #3: Cerveza Skaters
Side skaters. Reach out in front, and move side to side, stepping with your back foot behind the front. Keep a steady pace.
Move #4: Loco Lunges
Alternating front lunges. Front knee does not go over the front toe and there is a 90 degree bend for the front and back knee. Chest up, shoulders back and down, add your arms for a bicep workout. Progression is to add a hop to the transition.
Move #5: Tamali Touchdowns
Single Leg touch down. Hips square to the ground with a flat back.
Finish off with Siesta Stretches
Celebrate responsibly after 🙂
I want to hear from you!
Click here to find out when we are on the next Facebook Live. Don’t miss it. Leave a comment on our Facebook Live video here. Check out more workouts here that you might like. Please leave me a comment below and let me know if you want to see more workouts like this. Jump on our list below to get more Fitness, Nutrition and Wellness tips. Don’t be shy, say HI!
I love your cinco de mayo fitness. I used the idea for my challenge I send out weekly to my colleagues during the pandemic.
That’s incredible. Glad you shared is and liked it. What type of work and colleagues do you serve? Thanks for the comment 🙂