Cinco De Mayo -Trina 5 Fitness Moves to get your hot tamale working Video
- Always WARM UP first and foam roll if possible *Goal is to increase heart rate, warm up the body and muscles and reduce the risk of injury
- Always listen to your body, complete full range of motion
- Never work through pain, progression is the goal
- Don’t sacrifice form for speed
- Cool Down: 5-10 min – Always stretch and foam roll, gentle tension no pain
- Schedule your workouts as an appointment in your calendar
- Rest days are important and stretching is a MUST
Cinco De Mayo Workout:
- For demo purposes we did a shorter version
- Try 30 seconds of work, 10 seconds transition to the next exercise
- X 5 rounds or whatever feels manageable for you
- Always start basic and progress accordingly
Move #1: Sangria Skipping
Get a rope and jump! Progression double unders. Option to mimic skipping by having your hands to your side and skip.
Move #2: Piñata Smashes
Knee drivers. Bring arms over head and imagine you are smashing a Piñata stick over your knees. 15 seconds per side. Using your ABs and total body.
Move #3: Cerveza Skaters
Side skaters. Reach out in front, and move side to side, stepping with your back foot behind the front. Keep a steady pace.
Move #4: Loco Lunges
Alternating front lunges. Front knee does not go over the front toe and there is a 90 degree bend for the front and back knee. Chest up, shoulders back and down, add your arms for a bicep workout. Progression is to add a hop to the transition.
Move #5: Tamali Touchdowns
Single Leg touch down. Hips square to the ground with a flat back.