My family can’t get enough of these Chocolate Protein Muffins. It was shared by Fit4Females Member Janette during our 28 Shape Up Challenge. These Chocolate Muffins are school safe, flourless and super easy to make. Nobody knew it was made with black beans. It’s expensive to buy ready made muffins anywhere so whip up a batch of these ahead of time and click here to get more health, fitness and nutrition tips. Every week I share something awesome!
Grab the Fitness Goodies
Each week in my Fit4Females FIT Insider, I dish out Fitness and Health Tips, Recipes, Videos, Workouts and Wellness & Inspiration Tidbits. Get it to your inbox here.
Chocolate Protein Muffins Flourless
These are school safe, super moist and delicious. My first batch made 15 large muffins, the second made 12 because I made them even bigger. Experiment with size.
- 1-396ml or 15oz can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed *get BPA free if using canned
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp coconut oil *liquid form or melted over the stove top
- 1/4 cup maple syrup *I used a little less than this – less is more
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder *optional make sure it’s chemical free, this is what to look for in a Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil *I use silicone muffin cups so you don’t need to oil
- Place all ingredients in the blender or food processor and run until smooth *use a spatula to get all that juicy batter out
- Pour into the muffin tins evenly (batter will be thin)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean
- Let cool 5 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack
Fitness, Nutrition and Wellness Tips
Get exclusive tips that I don’t share anywhere else. Here’s how you can get some extra support ….
- My Fit Insider has lots of tips that I don’t share anywhere else. Jump in here
- Big support community with things that aren’t shared publicly, join my Free Facebook Group for Support
- Join our Women’s Only Fitness Programs
- Come and try a FREE class and see why we are the #1 Women’s Only Fitness Club in our area
- My favourite place is Instagram and Facebook where I share lots of tips, motivation, workouts and insight.