Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites Crunchy & Salted recipe for you. My husband is addicted to finding gluten free options since I had to cut it out November 2018. We found Bixby Milk Chocolate Crunchy Peanut Butter Bites at Winners. Aside from the soy lecithin, excess sugar and milk chocolate, they are a good option when on the go.
I reached out to my Foodie Fitness friend Ashley of Real Roots and asked her to make me a healthier version to share with our Fit4Females Community.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
Warning: these bites are addicting and my kids love them. They are vegan, gluten and dairy free. Ashley tells me I can only have them every once in a while as a treat but I say, “whatever Ashley, life is short, eat the dessert first!” Who is with me?
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites will stay good in the fridge for a while but you will probably eat them before they need to be frozen. Enjoy and leave me a comment below. Don’t forget to share using the share bars below!
- 1 cup brown rice puffs
- 1/2 cup All natural peanut butter *sunflower, almond or any nut butter would be great
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Hemp Protein Powder *optional no protein or any protein of your choice
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp of Coconut Oil
- If you love sweet and salty, sprinkle top of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites Crunchy & Salted with the flaky sea salt
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites:
- Place 1 cup of brown rice puffs in a bowl and smash up with a spoon or back of measuring cup
- Heat on low: honey, peanut butter, vanilla & sea salt *melt down to a smooth paste
- Add the liquid to brown rice crisp & hemp protein *optional no protein or any protein of your choice
- Mix well and press in square pan *you can use an 8×8 pan
- Freeze for 20 minutes and cut in tiny squares
- Melt chocolate & coconut oil *double boiler: use a stainless steel bowl on top of a pot of boiling water
- Dip each square individually and place parchment paper
- Refrigerate until firm
- Be sure to store then in the fridge so the chocolate stays firm
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
Mix it all together
Dip in the chocolate
Good luck not eating them all!
These are approximate because brands and each of our measuring skills is a little different.
Cut in 20 pieces one square 100 calories, 6 grams of fat, 9.4 grams of carbs and 2.8 grams of protein.
Photo & recipe credit: Ashley of Real Roots
Each week in my Fit Insider, I dish out a workout, recipe or Trina’s Tidbits full of inspiration and motivation. My goal is to get you to take action. Use the hashtag #Fit4Females on social media so that we can find out and cheer you on. If you need it, here’s a great workout to get you started.
More recipes that are easy and healthy
Join our F4F Community!
- Join my private Facebook Group here
- Come and try a FREE class
- If you love social, follow me on Instagram here and Facebook
Please comment below. If you have a recipe, please share. I’m an Instagram story junkie right now so if you are too, join me on Instagram here.
Bixbyco is a great company that makes Non GMO, Organic, Vegan (options) and Gluten Free.