As a busy Mom of 3 and Head Fitness Trainer at Fit4Females, I need healthy and quick to suit my busy lifestyle. Health is important to me but so is taste and these Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls are great for you, your kids and your waist line. These grab and go protein balls won’t spike your insulin and are wheat, gluten and dairy free. My kids even helped make them.
Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls
What you Need
Makes approximately 20 one inch chocolate coconut protein balls
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut *divided 1/4 and 1/4
- 1/2 cup of fair trade cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of almond butter *if allergies sub with pumpkin butter or sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of honey *I only used 2 tbsp and it was tart – you could also use pure maple syrup
Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and process for about 20 seconds to grind everything
Add almond butter, coconut oil and honey to the dry mixture and process until blended well. Roll them up into balls *I put the batter on a cookie sheet and refrigerated it for 20 minutes so it got a little hard and then I scraped it off so it was easier to roll.
Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving! Enjoy and let us know if you liked it. They are chewy, clean and full of goodness
*Recipe inspired by one I saw at Goodness Me