How many times have you searched on Pinterest for a recipe? I have no doubt that you are going to love this. We all need our chocolate fix. I’m not a big fan of chocolate but I am a big fan of healthy eating and this Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie is one of my favourites. You can’t get anywhere without proper nutrition and I am all about taste, convenience and eating the best that I possibly can. As promised, I am giving you my favourite Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie. It is so good it feels bad.
A new breakfast or snack?
The struggle is real for our busy lives. Don’t be tempted by the drive through, make this easy recipe at home and freeze it for popsicles when you are having a sugar craving. Have you heard that sugar is as addictive as crack! Time to ingest the healthy sugars.
Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
Ingredients: 1 serving
- 1 to 1/5 cups plant based milk *almond, coconut, hemp, rice, dairy if you prefer
- Optional: 1 serving protein powder click here for my favourite protein powder
- 1/2 to 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter or nut butter alternative
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds for healthy fibre
- 3 ice cubes if you want to make it cold and thick
- Optional: a few cocoa nibs to top it off *warning, if you use a straw, the nibs get stuck inside so eat them with a spoon
How to Make:
- Add all liquid to a blender first
- Add ingredients in order listed above
- Blend and enjoy
If making for kids, remove the protein power. I feed my kids the best quality ingredients and natural protein sources when possible. To make this a “peppermint smoothie” add clean peppermint oil or fresh peppeRmint leaves.
Need more recipe ideas?
Click HERE for more simple recipes that you can incorporate daily.
If you are trying to get lean and happy, click here to read about women who are exactly like you and have completely transformed their lives with our programs.
Before You Go!