This Chickpea Smash Veggie wrap is part of our Clean Eating program and I made this up after teaching a fitness class with ingredients on hand. It was delicious I had to share it with you. This is a great way to get more plant based food in your diet. Let me know how you like it. Get notified about my new Fit4Females Recipe Book here.
Chickpea Smash Veggie Wrap
Gluten free, dairy free, nut free, vegetarian
Ingredients: 2-3 servings
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1-2 scallions or red onion
- Handful of arugula *any lettuce works
- Juice of an entire lemon
- 2 large pieces of lettuce *I use romaine from my home garden, reserve for wrap
- 1 gluten free wrap *or any on hand
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4 mashed avocado or 3 tbsp guacamole *see recipe
How to Make:
- Smash chickpeas, cut veggies into bite size pieces, lemon and mix in a bowl or;
- Add chickpeas, cucumber, onion, arugula / lettuce, lemon to a food processor until you get your desired consistency *keep it a bit chunky
- Lay out your wrap, add lettuce, spoon mixture on top and enjoy
- Optional: top 1/4 based avocado or guacamole *see recipe
If you are watching your carb intake, instead of the wrap use romaine, Boston lettuce or any lettuce that wraps well. This tastes so light and is filling with plant based protein.
I make this without oil. If you want a fuller flavour, use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil if possible. This can also be made as a salad.
Lots More for You
Find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest using hashtag #Fit4Females when you post your photos related to all of our goodies.
- Get notified about my new Fit4Females Recipe Book here.
- My free 7 Day Meal Plan ideas
- Join my private Facebook Group here
- Come and try a FREE class
- 10 Day Lean and Clean Kickstart
Trina Medves xo
Need fitness classes and more workouts?
We specialize in Women’s Only Fitness and Post Natal fitness. Join us below.
- Start now, sign up for a FREE class.
- Our Fit4Females Fit Insider has lots of tips, recipes and workout
- Join our Community Free Facebook Group for accountability
Leave A Comment