Healthy Breakfast Cookies are a must. Way too many of our Fit4Females clients skip breakfast. Whip these up ahead of time. As a Fitness and Wellness Coach, I am always on the search for new recipes so I reached out to my talented friend Ashley of Real Roots to deliver the best to our Fit4Females Community.
Trina’s Tip: For those of us that drink smoothies, they are a great choice but nothing stimulates your digestive system more than chewing your food. Be sure to mix it up.
Each week in my Fit Insider, I dish out a workout, recipe or something full of inspiration and motivation. My goal is to get you to take action. Make these cookies and use the hashtag #Fit4Females on social media so that we can find out and cheer you on. If you need it, here’s a great workout to get you started. Have a cookie post workout 🙂
Healthy Breakfast Cookies
These cookies are great for a quick grab and go breakfast or snack any time of day. They feel like a real treat but are packed with protein, healthy fats, fibre and are completely sugar free! They are very customizable depending on what ingredients you have on hand. These Healthy Breakfast Cookies are vegan but I personally love to add collagen peptides to mine which no longer makes them vegan. You do not have to add this but I love collagen for its amazing benefits. It adds protein, is completely flavourless and is amazing for gut health, hair, skin and nails.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup ground almonds/almond flour or any ground nuts
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup rolled oats (can sub buckwheat groats or more nut flour for grain free paleo option)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs or any dried fruit you like (raisins, dates etc)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (NOT chocolate chips!)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds or pumpkin, sunflower seeds etc
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- optional: 2-4 tbsp of honey or pure maple syrup for a sweeter cookie ( add if you or your family isn’t quite adjusted to completely sugarless treats!)
- optional: 1-2 scoops of collagen peptides (it is tasteless and has so many benefits!)
How to Cook:
- Mash bananas and stir it your “flax egg”, almond butter and vanilla
- Add all your dried ingredients and mix until combined
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Use a large spoon to scoop 8-10 large cookies onto sheet and slightly flatten with the back of your spoon
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes
Photo and recipe credit: Ashley, Real Roots
6 Tips for a Clean Kitchen Challenge
Chocolate Protein Muffins School Safe and Flourless Recipe
Try my 10 Day Kickstart
Join our F4F Community!
- Join my private Facebook Group here
- Come and try a FREE class
- If you love social, follow me on Instagram here and Facebook
I would love a comment below. Share a recipe, I read them all. Oh and right now, I’m an Instagram story junkie right now so if you are too, join me on Instagram here.
Finally made these. Super easy and yummy!
Yesss! Janette! I love that you took action and did this! Way to go. They are so delicious. Thanks so much for leaving a comment.
Janette! I can’t wait to see your photo. YUMMY!