These Banana Muffins are gluten free, vegan, healthy and clean. As a gluten free gal, I was first confused with buckwheat flour because “wheat” is in the name. It should be noted that there is no wheat in “buckwheat”. Why must the food industry confuse us? Good news for my celiac and gluten free friends. Check out our real time Fitness, Food and Tidbits, in our Fit4Females Fit Insider here.
Banana Muffins Gluten Free & Vegan
Gluten free, Vegan Buckwheat Banana Muffins. Buckwheat can confuse some people because of its name, but don’t be fooled. This is a grain free seed and is not even classified as a grain and is 100% gluten free! It is also a complete plant based protein, filled with all the essential amino acids. These muffins are vegan as well and make for a great snack or breakfast on the go. Here are some health benefits on bananas.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup plant based milk (almond/oat/coconut) *if you eat dairy, use regular milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: dark chocolate chips
Banana Muffins Yum!
How to Make:
- Firstly in a blender or food processor “make your flour” combine almonds, oats, arrowroot starch and buckwheat.
- Blend until the almonds and oats resemble flour.
- Secondly, pour into a bowl and add your salt, cinnamon, baking soda and powder.
- Thirdly, in a separate bowl mash your banana.
- Fourth, add vanilla, lemon juice, milk, and oil.
- Fifth, stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- If adding chocolate chips stir these in now.
- Finally, pour batter into muffins liners and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool and enjoy!
Recipe & photo credit: Ashley of Real Roots
In Conclusion: Trina’s Tidbits
In case you saw crazy stuff on the internet and wonder Do Bananas Make you Fat, watch this. As a Fitness and Life Coach, you may struggle with meal planning and workouts like so many of our Fit4Females Members. Workouts and meal prep are important. Here are a few tidbits to get control of health and weight loss:
- Notice when you are stress eating which is base on emotions. Tips on Stress Eating, read more
- Plan ahead of time with my Four Meal Prep and Grocery Shopping Tips
- Two Weight Loss Tips and staying on track with workouts
Coach Trina xo
More F4F for You!
Join our Community Private Facebook Group here
Come and try a FREE class