Arugula Pesto Egg Sandwich healthy recipe for the win. You can fry an egg or try my perfect hard boiled egg recipe here. Perfect for a quick protein grab and go. Get notified about more recipes and my New Fit4Females Recipe Book coming soon here.
Eggs pack full amino acids (which our body needs) and a lot of protein. If you are vegetarian, try this sandwich with fried tofu. It’s quick, easy, healthy and packs a bunch of nutrients. The protein and healthy fats will fill you up too.
- 2 pieces of toast (one if you are watching your carbs)
- 1 tbsp pesto (so easy to make, try this recipe)
- One handful of arugula on each piece of bread
- 1 egg fried or soft or hard boiled, top with arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional tomato on top
How to Make:
- Add butter, butter ghee or a bit of oil in the pan for fried eggs
- Boil or fry your egg as you like
- Toast the bread
- Spread the pesto on one or both sides of bread
- Add arugula to both sides of bread
- Lay the egg on top
- Add salt and pepper toast
- I like to add a bit more arugula on top of the egg
- Optional” top with tomato
Trina’s Tidbits Recap
- Eggs are a great grab and go
- They are full or protein and amino acids
- Get on the list for my Fit4Females Recipe Book here.
- Try this gluten free Pesto Egg Salad recipe
- Breakfast Egg Avocado Boat recipe
Lots More for You
Find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and use hashtag #Fit4Females when you post your photos related to all of our goodies.
- New Fit4Females Recipe Book coming soon here.
- My free 7 Day Meal Plan ideas
- Join my private Facebook Group here
- Come and try a FREE class
- 10 Day Lean and Clean Kickstart
Trina Medves xo
Need fitness classes and more workouts?
We specialize in Women’s Only Fitness and Post Natal fitness. Join us below.