“How much water should I drink?” Do you know if you are drinking enough water? The information about water and how much to consume daily can be confusing. Do I drink 8 or 10 glasses? Water is extremely important for detoxification, hydration, weight loss, supporting organs, etc. The benefits are endless so pay attention to your intake. Sign up for tons of tips, recipes and more here.
How much water should I drink?
View this post on Instagram
How to calculate how much water you should drink
An easy calculation to figure out how much water you should drink is :
- To consume half of your body weight in ounces in water (8 oz = 1 cup).
- For example: a 160 pound person should consume 80 oz of water. (8 oz = 1 cup).
- Once you figure out half of your body weight, divide that by 8.
- In my example, 10 cups of water should be consumed for the 160l pound person (160/2 = 80oz/8 = 10 cups).
- You must drink more if you are active, sweating or in the heat.
- Look in the toilet bowl. Urine should be pale yellow
- Urine should not have an odour
- If so, you probably need more water *unless you ate beets or asparagus 🙂
A person who weighs 150lbs, versus a person who weighs 220lbs requires a different amount of daily water intake. It just makes sense. So…..
Are you drinking enough water?
5 Tips to Drink More Water
1) Plan: Bring your water bottle with you everywhere you go, don’t leave home without it;
2) Avoid: Don’t drink from plastic water bottles unless absolutely necessary;
3) More: Drink more water if you are working out/active or in the heat;
4) Add: Add lemon, ginger or apple cider vinegar for flavour; and
5) Clear: You know you are drinking enough when your urine is pale yellow and does not have an odour (yellow urine is a sign of dehydration).
Start small and work your way up, sip water throughout the day and it will soon become a great habit.