“How much water should I drink?” Do you know if you are drinking enough water? The information about water and how much to consume daily can be confusing. Do I drink 8 or 10 glasses? Water is extremely important for detoxification, hydration, weight loss, supporting organs, etc. The benefits are endless so pay attention to your intake.
How much water should I drink?
View this post on Instagram
How to calculate how much water you should drink
An easy calculation to figure out how much water you should drink is :
- To consume half of your body weight in ounces in water (8 oz = 1 cup).
- For example: a 160 pound person should consume 80 oz of water. (8 oz = 1 cup).
- Once you figure out half of your body weight, divide that by 8.
- In my example, 10 cups of water should be consumed for the 160l pound person (160/2 = 80oz/8 = 10 cups).
- You must drink more if you are active, sweating or in the heat.
- Look in the toilet bowl. Urine should be pale yellow
- Urine should not have an odour
- If so, you probably need more water *unless you ate beets or asparagus 🙂
A person who weighs 150lbs, versus a person who weighs 220lbs requires a different amount of daily water intake. It just makes sense. So…..
Are you drinking enough water?
5 Tips to Drink More Water
1) Plan: Bring your water bottle with you everywhere you go, don’t leave home without it;
2) Avoid: Don’t drink from plastic water bottles unless absolutely necessary;
3) More: Drink more water if you are working out/active or in the heat;
4) Add: Add lemon, ginger or apple cider vinegar for flavour; and
5) Clear: You know you are drinking enough when your urine is pale yellow and does not have an odour (yellow urine is a sign of dehydration).
Start small and work your way up, sip water throughout the day and it will soon become a great habit.