I have heard it many times: “How do you do it all? You are supermom Trina”. The truth is I am just like you and I feel like there is too much pressure around the “Are you a Supermom” issue. Day after day, I am a busy mother and a business owner who is trying to “keep it together and stay afloat”. The pressure of being a supermom is not something I strive for but I definitely bring a lot of it on myself. Are you a Supermom? Are you trying to be a Super Mom?
Are you a Supermom?
Like too many moms, I too struggle with day-to-day activities, baths, lunches, homework, cleaning “Tupperware” containers from the lunches, being a taxi driver to after school activities, laundry, reading agendas, meal planning, keeping all of the appointments, and school activities organized. Phew, that was a mouthful!
There is a lot to do when you are a Mom. Too many to dos can make you feel like I am spinning around in a hamster wheel and somebody hit the “repeat” button. How did my Mom ever do it all? When I find myself stressed because I forgot it was “green and white day at school”, I mixed up the activities schedule, or I didn’t get a chance to get through my to-do list, I remind myself that “it’s ok”. My kids are happy most of the time and I am a good Mom and just loving them makes me a Supermom.
Here are ten tips to make you feel like your own Supermom!
My Top 10 Daily “Supermom Tips”
- Schedule everything on a calendar (homework time, meals, activities, workouts)
- Set reminders in your iPhone, Blackberry – everywhere!
- Plan your meals every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Prep & pack your lunch and snacks for busy days *do this whether you are a stay at home or working Mom
- Do not over schedule kid activities, we all need to breathe!
- Share your tips with other moms
- Do 5 – 10 minutes of physical activity every day for YOUrself
- Close your eyes and feel the fresh air on your face, take a walk to calm your stress
- Drink lots of water (and sometimes wine and coffee)!
- Meditate and LET IT GO!
What are your best tips? Are you a Supermom? I would love to hear your ideas and comments. From one struggling Mom to the next, you rock!
Need a SuperMom kickstart?
I’ve got an affordable at Home Challenge with workouts, nutrition tips from me, Canada’s #1 Fitness Instructor Specialist! Click here for details.