If your sluggish mid afternoon and suffer from an afternoon crash that leaves you with sugar cravings, here are seven tips for you to implement. Stop reaching for treats, sweets and making the wrong choices as soon as that “afternoon crash” hits. Two of our Fit4Females community members wrote in my Private Talk with Trina Facebook Group asking “how to overcome her weak spot in the day”. Here are my Afternoon Crash Tips for you.
Afternoon Crash? 7 Tips to Boost Energy
“How do I beat the afternoon slump? For the last couple years I have found that between 2-3 pm I am head bobbing at my desk, feel sluggish and tired. Is it food? Exercise? What can I do to get the most energy during work hours? I would prefer to stay away from caffeine”.
“Around 3 pm, I’m out of energy reserves, feeling depleted, and I just want to eat. I end up falling off track and then each morning becomes a “re-start”. A vicious circle. I am seeking some advice on how to overcome this weak spot in my day.” Practice these seven tips consistently and eventually they will become a habit.
#1 Water for the Win: Are you hydrated
- Stay hydrated – even mild dehydration can lead to hunger and cravings
- Read: Am I drinking enough water
- Try my Lemon Detox Water Recipe to increase your energy
- Remember that many foods contain water as well
#2 Juice it in place of caffeine
- Scientifically proven that vegetables give us more energy
- Replace coffee with this tasty Immune Boosting Latte
- Make this F4F Juice Alive Recipe
- Citrus lovers: Try this Detox Orange Blast Juice recipe
- More of my Favourite Juice recipes here.
- Eat lots of veggies every which way
#3 Morning Routine
- No more hitting the snooze button, get right out of bed (scientifically proven to reduce brain fog)
- Eat Breakfast to avoid the afternoon crash, try these Breakfast of Champions Ideas
- Being more organized and having time to do all these things requires a better routine. Try this: 4 Tips for a Better Morning
#4 Sleep Schedule
- Lack of sleep causes sugar and carb cravings
- Practice my Dump List before bed – mental clarity when you sleep is very important *watch the video below
- Prep your Morning Routine the night before so you brain can get busy sleeping instead of worry about all of your To Do’s
- Read this: Sleep Hack and Identifying Time Suckers
- You have to spend energy to create energy
- Force yourself to a workout or walk so that you create more energy in the long run
- Stand up often and get the blood flowing in your body
- Start with these workouts
- Remember: you don’t have to have a hard core workout, any movement is beneficial!
#6 Peppermint Oil
- Peppermint oil is said to improve productivity and energy
- Mist it when you are working
#7 Recipe Snacks for an Afternoon Crash
Try these 5 Smoothie Recipes to Cut Cravings FREE DOWNLOAD
Get Social with ME!
Drop me a comment and I will follow it up with tips, freebies and videos.