I don’t know about you but I am feeling the Holidays this year. With all of the socials, parties and dinners I need to regain control. Do you feel like you are knee deep in the Holidays over eating, over drinking and consuming way too much sugar and food that is making you feel awful and changing your mood? Not to mention it is making your clothes tighter?
Who is brave enough to join me for ONLY 7 days? Come on, 7 days is all you need to do! If we reach 50 competitors on Facebook I will give away a $25 Fit4Females Gift Certificate to one lucky contestant. The challenge is free.
HOW TO JOIN
Step 1 – Click here to Like the Facebook fan page (you cannot join unless you are a fan)
Step 2 – Click here and join the 7 Day Holiday Detox event and say hello, introduce yourself
Step 3 – Post a comment, photo, recipe or tip daily. We all need to support each other. Let us know what you had for lunch, what you are struggling with, send us your favourite healthy recipe, etc. Send us a photo of you!
Step 4 – Work at it. It’s not going to be easy, people are going to think you are crazy but you can do it! Each day you will perform the 7 day Fit4Females Fitness Challenge. Don’t worry, it’s short. Post your time on the Facebook page after you do the Challenge.
RULES AND DETAILS
Start: December 17 at 2pm
End: December 24 at lunch time
Foods to avoid during the Holiday Detox
• Red meat and any meat products like sausages, burgers, and pate
• Cow’s Milk, cow’s cheese, cream (switch to Almond/Hemp/Rice/Coconut milk or Goat’s Cheese) – yogurt is fine. It’s only 7 days!
• Butter and margarine
• Any food that contains wheat that is not 100% Whole grain/wheat
• Crisps and snacks including salted nuts
• Chocolate, sweets, jam and sugar including all Holiday treats
• Processed foods, ready meals, ready-made sauces and unhealthy takeout
• Coffee and tea
• Fizzy drinks including diet versions (perrier or San Pellegrino is acceptable)
(make a serious effort, it doesn’t have to be perfect)
Foods to include:
Fruit – your plan can include any fruit including fresh, frozen, dried or canned in natural fruit juice. This includes apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, raspberries, nectarines, peaches, melons, star fruit etc
• Vegetables – eat any vegetables including fresh, frozen or canned in water (without salt added). This includes carrots, kale, broccoli, zucchini, avocado, onions, turnip, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, peppers, leeks, courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions etc
• Beans and lentils – eat any beans, including those that have been dried or canned in water. This includes red kidney, haricot, cannellini, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils
• Oats – sprinkle oats over fresh fruit or use to make porridge, sweetened with cinnamon and fresh fruit
• Potatoes – all types
• Brown rice and rice noodles
• Rye crackers, rice cakes and oatcakes
• Fresh fish – eat any fresh fish including cod, plaice, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawns, Dover sole, red mullet, halibut, lemon sole, monkfish, swordfish etc. Canned fish in water is suitable too ie: salmon or tuna. Lean white meats
• Unsalted nuts – eat any including Brazil, peanuts, almonds, cashew, hazel nuts, macadamia, pecans, pine nuts, pistachio, walnuts etc
• Unsalted seeds – eat any including sunflower and pumpkin
• Live natural yogurt
• Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
• Garlic, ginger and fresh herbs
• Ground black pepper
• Water – at least 2 litres a day. Tap or mineral water is fine.
• Herbal or fruit teas
Detox Plan Snacks
• Fresh fruit or fresh fruit salad / Vegetables with hummus
• Natural yogurt mixed with honey – Home made smoothies
•Handful of unsalted nuts or seeds
Good luck. I will be joining you so be sure to follow me on Facebook. Join me in a Karma donation class Tuesday, December 18 at 8pm for the Hamilton Food Share. Please be sure to post your comments below and on the Facebook page. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and sign up for our Free Newsletters.
Don’t make an excuse and say “it’s too hard, it’s not the right time, I will wait until later and do this”. Do it now, “If it doesn’t Challenge you, it doesn’t Change you!”
Now go and be a Rockstar and join our FREE event on Facebook now. Share this link now! 50 People and I am giving away a free $25 Fit4Females Gift Certificate to one lucky contestant! If we hit 100 contestants I will give away a $75 Gift Certificate. Join me tomorrow at 8pm for a Karma workout class. Click here for details.
Yours in health,