6 minute workout time! Warm up your body and join Coach Trina for a 4 minute Tabata round and 2 minute quickie round. Want longer workouts or Live classes? Check out the schedule here. Don’t miss any of the free stuff. Click here for more workouts, healthy recipes and live pop up trainings and workouts.
6 minute Tabata Workout
Always warm up first then we move to our first Tabata round. We rest for a minute and do a 2 minute quickie Tabata. Cool down and stretch. You can fast forward, rewind. I have these Fit Traveller Workouts that you can do at home. Download the workouts and save to your computer or phone.
6 minute workout press play and let’s go
#1 Squat Kick right, lunge back opposite L leg 2×2
- 1x squat with a kick R, lunge back with the opposite leg L (R leg leads the kick)
- Make this movement a little easier squats only
- Progress to Squat kick
- Rest for 10 seconds and repeat on the R leg
- Do this for two rounds and then move to plank
#2 Plank 2×2
- Click here to see how to properly plank
- Plank any variation that suits your fitness
- Use your breathing to engage the deep abdominal muscles
- Rest for 10 seconds then repeat your plank
- Start the movement on the floor from plank position on your forearms
- Elbows at 90 degrees *start on knees or toes depending on your level
- Elbows underneath the shoulders
- Back straight at all times, tuck the chin for a straight line
- Squeeze the glutes, draw the shoulders back and down, take an inhale and then exhale to press up from the ground
- Remember to breath
- There should be a straight line from the top of your head to your tailbone
- Trina’s Tip: Keep shoulders healthy by stacking shoulder, elbow and wrist in one straight line. Back straight, abs tight and chin tucked for a straight body line
- Regression: Lower to your knees
- Progression: Start the plank position from your toes, once stronger progress to a Stability Ball, eventually to an advanced Ball Pike on the floor or on a Ball
After two sets of plank, repeat the above for 1 more round.
Rest for 1 minute.
Repeat from the top for 1 more round.
Trina’s Trainer Tips 6 minute Workout
- Consult your physician before you start any new exercise program
- Always warm up first for 5-10 minutes, dynamic stretches and foam roll if possible *goal is to increase the heart rate, warm up the body and muscles and reduce the risk of injury
- Preform each rep with good form, technique, full range of motion and work within your limits
- Take it at your own pace, start slow if you are new or getting back into fitness
- Listen to your body
- Never work through pain, progression is the goal
- Never sacrifice form for speed
- Cool Down: 5-10 min – Always stretch and foam roll, gentle tension no pain
- Schedule your workouts as an appointment in your calendar, read How to Do this here
- Rest days are important and stretching is a must
- Perform 8 rounds total. Always warm up first.
- Use hashtag #Fit4Females to tag us on social media so we can find you.
This is exactly why you should do Tabata and HIIT Training.
The reason I dish out so much free content here is because I want you to better your life and health.
Meet us in Person
Drop me a comment below about what body parts you would like to work on and I will pump out a video for you.
We are keeping is safe during COVID-19 with Online at home workouts. Virus Information here