I have 10 Tips for the Perfect Body just for you because I know what it’s like to struggle with body image. I spent a good part of my life not being happy with my body whether it was wanting to be smaller, fitter or have bigger muscles, I was there. I also spent a large portion of my life feeling extremely lost after the birth of my children when I lost my very happy C cup bust size to a new found smaller size (verdict it still out as to where they went).
Post children brought about some unhappy changes but it also motivated me to get in the best shape of my life. I can honestly say now that I am happy exactly where I am.
I’ve spent time in a place where many people called me skinny. Anyone who knows me knows that I despise being called skinny. I also spent a good chunk of time in a place where I was called muscular and athletic and I have even been called “beefy” by a client who had not see me in a while. Considering all that I have been through, I have to be able to cut myself some slack and be happy where I am at. Love your body as it is right now, even if it’s not how you want it to be.
I love to be muscular, it’s my idea of the perfect body no matter what my weight. I love lifting weights, I like that my thigh muscles are too big to fit regular jeans and I love that it makes me a stronger Mommy. I have lost a ton of muscle mass since surgery. My weight is up and I am not at my usual body fat percentage, I am not in competition state but I am enjoying my new found curves because it’s exactly where I have to be right now. Since I could not exercise after my Hip surgery, I had no choice but to control what I can by eating clean, getting lots of sleep and minimizing stress to stay as lean as possible.
If you don’t like what you see, do everything that you can to change what you can, eat well, sleep well and sweat everyday. Put down the sugar CRAP, stop driving through the drive thru, stop making excuses, stop making poor choices because it is convenient, plan your meals and cut yourself some slack. Accept your body for where it is right now and if you have done everything you possible can, enjoy the body you were meant to have and apply the below “10 Tips for the Perfect Body”
10 Tips for the Perfect Body
- Put your hands on your body everyday. If you can’t love it, nobody else will. Put your hands on the body part you like the least and thank it. For example, if you don’t like your thighs, feel them and say “thanks for carrying me around all day and keeping me moving from point A to B”
- Plan your meals and write down how they make you feel when you eat it
- Snap a photo on your phone every time you eat something via take out or home made. Compare the differences of what you’re eating
- Look in the mirror every day and acknowledge the thought. If it’s negative, replace it with something positive that you love about yourself.
- Stop comparing, past photos, people and magazine covers. Every place in life brings change.
- Eat clean – if it’s comes from the earth, eat it, if it comes from a box, don’t!
- Get to sleep between 10-11pm every night
- Drink more water
- Meditate and ask for what you want *ask to be more accepting and kind to your body
- Dance, sing and laugh everyday
Much of your Body Image is learned and practised behaviour. I have spent years coaching women on how to learn to accept themselves and let go of the negative self talk.